In the blink of an eye, summer will be over, the kids will be back in school and the temps will be getting cooler (in some areas!). Making the most out of your summer days is a great way to build memories with your kids. Whether you have the budget for a vacation or just need some stay at home ideas, there are still plenty of days left to enjoy summer.
Check out our list below to make the most out of your summer! I’m not a great planner, but some of our favorite picnics were impromptu with drive-thru food, why eat in the car or at the restaurant when you can head to a park nearby and enjoy the weather. Improvise and have fun - and don't forget to pack a few of our teethers and pacifier clips, just in case baby gets a little fussy along the way. Check out these list for some additional ideas
Things to do this summer:
- Spend the day at the beach – lake or ocean, it’s all good! Dip those toes in the sand or water and vice versa.
- Have a picnic
- Take a nap in the backyard
- Roast marshmallows
- Have an ice cream party – or popsicle party (see our popsicle blog for ideas)
- Create a water wonder land in your back yard – no pool? No problem… a hose, buckets, cups, just improvise and have fun
- Take a long walk
- Check out a baseball game
- Go to an amusement park
- Visit an orchard or farm to pick fruits/veggies
This list could go on and on, but better yet – just get out there and do something fun!